The aim of MEDIWAT is to provide innovative and sustainable technical, operational and managerial solutions for tackling problems caused by water resources -quality worsening and -shortage in Med insular context. The main deliverables will be:
- a web database and advisory platform through which realizing and maintaining an inter-islands network of expertises and cooperation;
- two strategic master plans for effective and sustainable management of water resources in small and large Med islands.
The partnership of the MEDIWAT project covers the following NUTS II regions:
- FRANCE: Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (and Corsica Region with partners of support);
- GREECE: Crete Region;
- ITALY: Sicily and Apulia Regions;
- SPAIN: Catalonia and Balearic islands Regions.
The partners of the project are established in the above mentioned regions, where all the project activities will be performed.
Institutions established in Corsica Region (e.g. Office du Développement Agricole et Rural de Corse, ODARC) are involved as partners of support, setting-up a specific pilot project in Corsica, providing the needed data and using and exploiting the results of the project.
The web-site of the MEDIWAT project is www.mediwat.eu
Kick-Off Meeting 23-25 September 2010